- Prep Time: 1 h 50 m
- Calories: 598 kcal
/ World Cuisine
- Soak eggplant slices in a large bowl of lightly salted water for 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cook and stir ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Whisk olive oil and Italian seasoning together in a bowl.
- Brush both sides of eggplant slices with the seasoned olive oil.
- Arrange eggplant slices on a baking sheet and place in preheated oven; broil until browned, 2 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Set oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Measure 1 cup of Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Stir ricotta cheese, egg, and remaining Parmesan cheese together in a bowl.
- Stir spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, and ketchup together in a separate bowl.
- Spread a small amount of spaghetti sauce mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Top spaghetti sauce mixture with a layer of broiled eggplant slices.
- Cover eggplant layer with a layer of the ricotta mixture.
- Sprinkle a layer of feta on top of the ricotta mixture.
- Cover feta layer with ground beef layer.
- Sprinkle a layer of spinach on top of ground beef.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with a final layer of eggplant topped with the reserved 1 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sauce is bubbling and cheese is browned, about 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like