- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup uncooked spinach pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, with liquid
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook celery, onion, garlic, parsley, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and salt in the hot oil until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes and tomato sauce, and simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook 10 minutes, until pasta is tender.
- Add undrained beans and mix well. Heat through. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
pasta fagioli, Soup recipe