- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch square baking dish.
- In a saucepan, mix 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the rhubarb and water. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Dot with butter, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, mix the milk and egg. Add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just to moisten. Drop by teaspoonfuls on top of the rhubarb mixture. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until crisp and lightly browned.
rhubarb cobbler, Rhubarb Cobbler recipe