- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 pound boneless pork loin roast
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can white hominy, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- Place the chipotle chile and water into a blender, and puree until smooth. Pour into a slow cooker, and add the pork, chicken, hominy, green chilies, onion, garlic, and chicken broth. Season with oregano, cumin, pepper, and the bay leaf.
- Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 7 hours until the meats are tender. Remove the bay leaf before serving.
slow cooker posole with pork and chicken, Pork Soup recipe