- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Pour in the vegetable oil and water; mix until just blended.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough as thin as possible - no thicker than 1/8 inch. Place dough on an ungreased baking sheet, and mark squares out with a knife, but don't cut through. Prick each cracker with a fork a few times, and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until crisp and light brown. Baking time may be different depending on how thin your crackers are. When cool, remove from baking sheet, and separate into individual crackers.
wheat crackers, Crackers recipe