- Prep Time: 30 m
- Calories: 113 kcal
/ Soups, Stews And Chili
/ Cream Soups
- In a saucepan, heat the tomatoes and cut them in small pieces. (If you use the fresh ones, put the tomatoes into a boiling bath until the peel cracks. Peel them and proceed the same way)
- Heat the 2 cups of milk in another saucepan.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, sugar and 1/4 cup milk in a small dish until smooth. Stir the flour mixture into the simmering milk until it thickens. DO NOT BOIL.
- Stir the baking soda into the hot tomatoes. When the fizzing slows down, add slowly to the hot milk. Simmer a few minutes, adding basil, oregano, and marjoram to taste.
- Note: If you want a creamy cream of tomato, you will have to put your tomatoes through a sieve or a food processor before you mix them with the milk.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like