- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 2 quart baking dish. Separate the eggs.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, butter and 1 1/2 cups of the white sugar.
- Beat the egg yolks and add to the sugar mixture along with the milk and lemon zest. Mix well and add the lemon juice.
- In another bowl beat egg whites until stiff, slowly adding the remaining 1/2 cup white sugar. Fold the egg whites into the batter. Pour batter into the prepared dish.
- Place the dish in a shallow pan of hot water and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm of chilled with confectioners' sugar dusted on top.
2.5 average vote / 2 people vote.
You may also like