- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 10 inch tube pan. Cover raisins with warm water, let soak for 10 minutes and then drain. Whisk together flour, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter or margarine and sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir together soda and 1 tablespoon warm water, and mix into the sugar mixture. Stir in flour mixture, apples, and strained raisins until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Cool in pan. Once cool, shake pan to loosen cake. Turn onto plate, and dust with confectioners' sugar.
apple spice cake, Apple Desserts recipe