- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound cubed cooked ham
- 1/2 pound cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 pound cubed smoked sausage
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1/2 pound salad shrimp
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add bacon, and cook until crisp. Remove bacon pieces with a slotted spoon, and set aside. Add celery, bell pepper, and onion to the bacon drippings, and cook until tender.
- Add the ham, chicken and sausage to the pot, and pour in the tomatoes, beef broth and chicken broth. Season with thyme and Cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil, and add the rice. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the shrimp and bacon just before serving, and heat through. If you use uncooked shrimp, let it cook for about 5 minutes before serving.
bubba's jambalaya, Seafood recipe