- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 (15.5 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- In a stockpot over medium heat, brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain off grease, reserving 2 tablespoons to remain in the pan. In a small bowl, stir together the garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, and flour. Sprinkle the mixture over the meat, and stir until the meat is evenly coated.
- Stir the oregano into the meat mixture, then pour in the 2 cans of beef broth. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then add the cans of beans. If you like your chili soupy, add only 2 cans of beans, but if you like thick chili, use all three. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes to blend flavors.
ken's texas chili, Beef Chili recipe