- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 6 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 ounces liquid pectin
- In a large, stainless steel saucepan, combine green pepper, white vinegar, and white sugar. Bring to a boil, and cook for 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in liquid pectin, and continue to boil for 3 more minutes, stirring constantly. Skim off foam with a metal spoon, and remove pan from heat
- Ladle jelly into sterilized jars, leaving a 1/2 inch space at the top. Seal, and process in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes.
pepper jelly, Jams and Jellies recipe