- Prep Time: 35 m
- Calories: 237 kcal
/ Quick Bread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Whisk flour, white sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Cut in butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir together 1/2 cup milk, sour cream, and currants in a small bowl; stir into flour mixture with a fork until just moistened and holding together.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and pat into rectangle.
- Fold the rectangle in thirds. Turn dough a half turn, gather any crumbs, flatten back into a rectangle, and repeat. Cut into eight pieces and place each scone on a silicone baking mat.
- Whisk egg and 1 tablespoon milk together in a small bowl; brush mixture on top of each scone.
- Bake scones in the preheated oven until risen and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove and transfer to cooling rack.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like