- Prep Time: 1 h 25 m
- Calories: 311 kcal
/ Main Dish
/ Savory Pies
/ Shepherd's Pie
- Place cubed potatoes and garlic in a large pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Brown ground beef over medium heat in a skillet. Stir in flour, mixing with beef drippings.
- Add beef broth, ketchup and vegetables. Stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes, until thick.
- Transfer beef mixture into an oven-proof casserole dish.
- Drain potatoes and smash them a little bit before adding 1/4 cup of grated cheese and sour cream. Mash together until smooth.
- Spoon potatoes onto the middle of the meat mixture. With a fork, spread potatoes from the center to the edges to form the top layer.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of grated cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
No Ratings Yet
You may also like