- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 minced hot green chile peppers
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt to taste
- Place lentils and water in a pot. Bring water to boil, reduce to simmer. Cook for 30 minutes or until tender.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine lentils, chickpeas, tomatoes, green onions, green chilies, bell peppers, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, and salt to taste. Toss well. Chill for 20 minutes. Serve chilled.
moroccan lentil salad, Lentil Salad recipe