- 3 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- salt to taste
- Place the roast, onion, bay leaves, black pepper, garlic powder, and vinegar in slow cooker; cover ingredients completely with water. Cover and cook on High setting until meat is very tender and falling apart, about 4 hours.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and discard liquids. Return meat to slow cooker; shred with fork and knife. Stir tomato sauce, chili powder, and salt into the shredded meat. Cover the cooker, and cook meat and sauce on High for an additional 2 hours.
slow cooker beef barbacoa, Main Dish recipe